|Rules for the Whitesburg Rubber Duck Race :: August 2012 :: Whitesburg, KY|
|RULES FOR THE WHITESBURG RUBBER DUCK RACE - WHITESBURG, KENTUCKY
PRESENTED BY JENKINS FESTIVAL COMMITTEE, INC., A NON-PROFIT CORPORATION.
1. A maximum of 400 ducks will be entered in the race.
2. Ducks will be launched into the river behind the main stage at Riverside Park in Whitesburg, Kentucky at approximately 3:00 p.m. on Saturday of Riverside Days. Weather conditions or other interference may affect race time.
The racecourse will be established by the Presenter and will end at the waterfall at the end of Riverside Park. The Presenter reserves the right to manually maneuver ducks while on the racecourse. If extreme circumstances prevent the race from occurring on the scheduled date, every effort will be made to reschedule the race within two weeks of the original race date. If the race does not occur within two weeks, winners will be determined by a random drawing conducted by the Presenter.
3. All ducks entered will be provided by the Presenter and shall remain property of the Presenter.
4. Once ducks are launched, they are on their own. No attempt to free or interfere with any duck is permitted, unless deemed necessary by the Presenter. Any ducks finishing after prizes have been awarded will be ineligible for prizes.
5. A number will be attached to each racing duck and will correspond to the number on Presenter's paperwork containing the name of the purchaser. The person listed on the paperwork corresponding to the winning duck will be awarded the prize. First place is $100. Prizes for 2nd place and beyond will be determined by the Presenter.
6. The Presenter reserves the right to limit the number of purchases per individual.
7. The Presenter does encourage a donation of at least $5 per duck to benefit the Riverside Days Festival.
8. Winners will be announced and do not need to be present to win but will be notifed by phone or mail and will have 30 days to claim their prize.